SCA Barista Foundation
|Course Hours:||7-8 Hours|
|Course Price:||CAD$450/SCA Member|
|Exam & Certificate Fee:||CAD$95.00/SCA Member
Recommended: Introduction to coffee
Overview: Designed to introduce core barista skills to people with no previous barista experience. Successful Candidates should be able to simply calibrate their grinders and make an Espresso and Cappuccino to core standards.
1. Understanding of the importance using fresh coffee beans and how to keep them fresh
2. Understanding of the importance of maintaining a hygienic and organized workspace
3. Identification and naming of parts of grinder and demonstration of dosing technique
4. Identification and naming of parts of espresso machine
5. Demonstration of steps for preparing espresso
6. Demonstration of steps for steaming milk
7. Demonstration of good techniques for preparing and serving an Espresso and Cappuccino
8. Demonstration of safe and hygienic work practices when preparing and serving espresso drink
9. Understanding of the importance of regular cleaning of the grind and espresso machine
Attendees will be at Bicerin Coffee Lab from 9:00am to 5:30pm each day.