SCA Sensory Professional
CAD$1650.00 – CAD$2140.00
|Course Hour:||20-24 Hours|
|Course Date:||APRIL 23-26, 2021 (4DAYS / 9AM – 6PM)|
|Course Fee:||CAD$1650/SCA Member & Non-member (Register >=3 courses will be benefited a 10% course fee discount, exclude certificate fee)|
|Exam & Certificate:||CAD$350/SCA Member
|Mandatory: Sensory Intermediate
Recommended: Sensory Foundation, Green Foundation
Overview: To align the student with industry coffee and sensory standards. To prepare them for running sensory evaluation in a coffee business. To acquire the skills required to start identifying and evaluating qualities in specialty green coffee, and to accurately measure and describe coffee beverage characteristics. Students will learn to generate repeatable and methodical sensory measurements of coffee, and learn how to interpret results.
The Sensory Skills Professional course builds on the concepts and skills introduced in the Sensory Skills Intermediate course and prepares the learner for managerial job functions in the sensory evaluation of coffee and related products. In this interactive course, learners gain alignment with industry coffee and sensory standards; learn about the implementation of sensory evaluation in a coffee business; acquire the skills required to start identifying and evaluating qualities in specialty green coffee; and demonstrate how to accurately measure and describe coffee beverage characteristics. Participants will learn how to generate repeatable and methodical sensory measurements of coffee, along with interpretation of those results. A written exam tests professional course knowledge while a practical exam tests the skills described above based on different working activities carried out during the course.
1. How we perceive analyze and interpret-Generalities and Review
2. Physiology and Sensory Attributes
3. Detecting Sensory positive qualities in coffee
4. Detecting low sensorial qualities in coffee-Defect and Taint
5. Coffee profiling descriptive vs qualitative analysis
6. Running a cupping session and tasting the diversity of coffee
7. Sensory panel and calibration
8. Cultivating a professional sensory facility
9. Shelf Life, Consumer Testing and NPD
10. Sharpen the skills of cupping & grading specialty coffee quality
Attendees will be at Bicerin Coffee Lab from 9:00am to 6:00pm each day.