SCA Introduction to Coffee
|Course Hour:||5-6 Hours|
|Course Date:||Nov. 29, 2019|
|Course Fee:||CAD$400/SCA Member & Non Member|
|Written Exam – take with SCA online exam system:|
Overview: Introduction to Coffee is an ideal module for anyone who is new to the coffee industry or just has an interest in this wonderful drink. It charts coffee’s journey from its origins in Ethiopia to the major commodity it is today, enjoyed by millions of people around the world. From farming the cherries through drying, roasting, brewing and finally drinking, this module looks at the processes coffee goes through. This day course also includes a “simplified professional coffee cupping” which allows you to taste the various flavours coffee has to offer.
1. Difference between freshly brewed coffee and instant coffee
2. Lay out the basic difference between taste and flavour
3. Coffee’s historical development as a drink and of coffee cultivation
4. Identification of coffee species and geographical areas involved in growing coffee
5. Main processing methods of coffee
6. Range of different equipment and methods available to brew coffee
7. Common drinks produced with coffee
Attendees will be at Bicerin Coffee Lab from 9:00am to 4:00pm each day.